- Actual IVIG Administration
- APD Choice and Rights
- APD Documentation
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers
- Basic Wound Care Management
- CPT & Suctioning
- Detecting Child Abuse for Healthcare Professionals
- First Aid for Healthcare Professionals
- Florida 30 Hour LPN IV Course
- Fundamentals of Body Mechanics and ROM Exercise
- In-depth Trach and GT Care
- IVIG Administration
- LTV Management in the Home Setting
- Medical Emergencies in the Home
- Newborn/Infant Assessment and Use of the Apnea Monitor in the Home
- Nursing Documentation
- Pitfalls of Nursing Documentation
- PIV Insertion
- TPN Administration
- Ventilator Management
Description of Most Frequently Given “Live” Classes
Actual IVIG Administration – Review of IVIG administration with an actual infusion given to a patient
BLS – American Heart CPR health care provider course.
CPT & Suctioning – Review of chest physiotherapy in infants and children and proper suctioning techniques.
In-depth Trach and GT Care – review of tracheostomy care, changing the ties, and changing the tracheostomy tube. Review of gastrostomy care, changing the tube, bolus feeding, and continuous feedings. Hands-on practice with a mannequin.
IVIG Administration – Review of IVIG administration in the home health patient.
LTV Management in the Home Setting – Given by a respiratory therapist, review of the LTV ventilator with hands on practice.
Medical Emergencies in the Home – Review of what to do if the tracheostomy tube falls out, nursing interventions for apnea and bradycardia, and interventions for GI complications.
Newborn/Infant Assessment and Use of the Apnea Monitor in the Home – Review of newborn and infant assessment, use of the apnea monitor, and nursing interventions for apnea and bradycardia.
Nursing Documentation – Review of proper nursing documentation
PIV Insertion – Review of peripheral IV insertions with hands-on practice with a mannequin.
Ventilator Management Part I – Review of terms used when operating a mechanical ventilator, what they mean, completing the ventilator flow sheet, and use of the peep valve. Prepares attendees for a better understanding of the Lap Top ventilator class given by the respiratory therapist
To schedule a lecture class please contact:
Alethea Roach at 305-249-5218 or ARoach@southfloridapediatrics.com